The recruitment of the Law Clinic’s 2019-2020 Executive Committee has now concluded. The Executive Committee will shape the direction for the Clinic for the year ahead and will begin in their roles on 1st June 2019.
With a vast number of high quality applicants for the different Committee positions, the competition was tough. Applications were received from students of all years, and a process of interviewing made the range and depth of experience that students continue to bring to the Clinic very clear.
Students are a key component behind all the work carried out by the Clinic. It is their hard work, ideas and dedication that drives the clinic forward, with the Executive Committee operating at the heart of this.
Commenting on the new Committee, Law Clinic Student Director James Anderson said:
“The new Executive Committee will succeed an extremely diligent and successful team and will look to build upon their success.
I am confident that the Clinic is going to benefit from the wealth of experience and new ideas that this committee will bring. I believe I speak on behalf of all students within the executive committee when I say that we can’t wait to get started working together to drive the clinic forward in the year ahead.”
The new Executive Committee is made up of the following people:
- Student Directors: James Anderson and Kirstie Webb
- Funding Officer: TBC
- Communications Officer: Alanna Rooney
- Training Officer: Anthony Pace
- IAC Coordinator: Rebecca Farquhar
- Online Project Manager: Cameron Turner
- CCU Coordinator: Denice Chalmers
- Street Law Coordinator: Gabriella Poli
- Prisons Project Manager: Emelia Connor
- Welfare Project Manager: Robert Dorrian
- The Asylum Project Co-Coordinators: Kuda Chinyani (Casework) and James Burns (PLE)
- SWRC Coordinator: Clare Green
- Firm Coordinator (Firm A): Eilidh Campbell
- Firm Coordinator (Firm B): Rebecca Dyer
- Firm Coordinator (Firm C): Jordan Hamlett
- Firm Coordinator (Firm D): Monalisa Swira
- Firm Coordinator (Firm E): Karen Yuill
- Firm Coordinator (Firm F): Scott MacDonald
- Firm Coordinator (Firm G): Jordan Bird
- Firm Coordinator (Firm H): Ben Dickson